Click on Advertising Banners for Web Site or
NARI Code of Ethics
- Each member of the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council is pledged to observe high standards of professionalism, ethics, honesty, integrity, and responsibility in the conduct of business;
- By promoting only those products and services which are functionally and economically sound, environmentally appropriate, and resource conscious and which are consistent with objective standards of health, safety and sanitation;
- By acting in good faith toward the public, other professionals and all customers;
- By refraining from any association with any enterprise whose business practice conflicts with this code or an apparent conflict of interest;
- By encouraging the development of new materials, home improvement techniques, equipment and/or improved methods of financing to provide the most value to each customer;
- By making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate with respect to product description, performance specifications, and cost/benefit analysis, and by avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer with respect to competitive pricing, savings claims, or the nature and significance of contracts, warranties, finance agreements, completion certificates, lien waivers, or liability and workers' compensation insurance;
- By writing all contracts and warranties such that they are fair and mutually beneficial to all parties concerned, such that they are free of ambiguities or omissions which tend to be obscure contractual obligations, and such that warranty terms and provisions are free of the capacity to mislead or deceive the customer as to the quality or longevity of the product or service;
- By honoring all contractual obligations until and unless they are altered or dissolved by the mutual consent of all contractual parties concerned, and by fulfilling those obligations in a reasonably prompt manner that is fair to all parties concerned;
- By promptly acknowledging and acting on all customer complaints and, in situations where complaints appear unresolvable and persistent, by encouraging the customer to initiate an approved third party dispute settlement mechanism;
- By maintaining strict compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations and standards of practice;
- By using the Milwaukee/NARI logo and name with integrity and dignity;
- By refraining from any conduct, action or inaction that violates this Code of Ethics, the Bylaws and/or Milwaukee/NARI policies and procedures, or otherwise degrades the objectives and purposes of Milwaukee/NARI; and
- By refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition, and to thereby promote the private enterprise system and its guarantee of equal rights for all.
Updated January, 2009.
Take pride in your home.
Hire a professional.